Comment on page
Please note that right now we have two API versions v1 and v2, see the description below
Web sockets can also be used
All requests follow the standard JSON-RPC format and include 4 variables in the data object:
- 2.Address format: Harmony uses bech32 address format with
one1prefix, however Ethereum style hex address can also be used. For example:
one1pdv9lrdwl0rg5vglh4xtyrv3wjk3wsqket7zxybech32 address is equivalent to
0x0B585F8DaEfBC68a311FbD4cB20d9174aD174016hex address. Quick way to convert between formats is using explorer: https://explorer.harmony.one/#/address/one1pdv9lrdwl0rg5vglh4xtyrv3wjk3wsqket7zxy, at the top you will find "Address Format" ONE | ETH options.
- 3.Harmony transactions are encoded using RLP, with two additional fields to represent from and to shard ids (
toShardID), which is where it differs from Ethereum v1.
- 1.Harmony API has two versions: v1 with prefix 'hmy', which returns hex numbers in API json response and v2 with prefix 'hmyv2' which mostly returns decimal numbers in API json response.
- 2.For each method which curl and response are different for API v1 and API v2: there are two sections in description for API v1 and API v2 with examples. If there are no sections then examples are the same for v1 and v2 and can be quired both with 'hmy' prefix and 'hmyv2' prefix same way.
- 3.You can see in API response examples which variables correspond to 0x format and which to decimal format